Monday, May 02, 2005

Finally Made it......

We are now sat in our country club cabana, overlooking the main swimming pool, and to the otherside, the magalise mountain range. Just wondering what we done to deserve this.... They have 9 & 18 hole golf, tennis courts, 4 swimming pools, sauna, steam room, resturants, etc etc......

It all started with a dodgy flight really. I expected a lot more from Virgin, but they didnt meet my expectations.... tiny leg room, small tv screens, not very useful air stewards. Plus the woman in front of me insisted that she had her seat reclined the whole journey....even on take off. Me bing me, I didnt say a word.. Also my tv screen was stuck on super soccer (Nintendo) from about the early 90's.... couldnt even fix that.

Managed to get a whole 2 hours sleep on the plane! It was nice to see a freindly face at the airport. My old mate Simon came to collect us from the airport in Johennesburg. He chauffeured us around in his gold BMW 328, with all the mod cons....

He took us to Sandton City, where there is a humungous shopping centre. Take West Quay, times it by 3 and then pile them on top of each other!! This is where teenage girls take their daddies credit card, and spend away. Not cheap. Attached to the shopping centre, was the most incredible hotel i think I have ever seen. It was inter-continental Sun hotel, and it was draped in gold. Could have been real, not sure. Then, we walked on a bit and then we saw a huge water fountain, worthy of Vic Falls I reckon!! Its funny, coz everwhere you look, you see signs saying that water is Africa's most precious product, but there are water features and swimming pools everywhere.

We ate lunch at another shopping centre, where I had my 1st Proper african fillet steak (yummy) and only six pounds...Tanya decided to try something different, so she went for a burger with monkey gland sauce.... she is still alive!

The place we are staying is fantastic. The only concern is that we keep seeing signs saying "do not feed the monkeys" and "ensure that doors and windows are securely locked - due to the monkeys". Hope they mean monkey and not gorilla.......

Just about to go on a river cruise.... see ya soon

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got their ok ... Clive and I made it back to soton in record time on Sunday night ... 55mins from Terminal 3 to home!

Thankis for advertising dad's shop ... you're a star!!

Take care and lots of love to you both C&Cxxxx

7:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ... spelling mistake I menat there not their ...

Ok just noticed another one too ... I can spell thanks really ...

7:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ok I meant meant not menat ... that was just a test ... ok I'm going nwo! ;o)

7:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home