Saturday, June 04, 2005

wat arun

04/06/05

1st full day in bangkok. went on a guided tour but probably got ripped off!! saw some temples -: wat arun (the temple of dawn). quite wierd, as my sister is called dawn!!! Got caught out with a dickie tummy. went on what they call a "squatty potty" toilet. There was no bog roll and it was literally a hole in the floor. Luckily for me, and those that know me quite well, I had some supplies in my pocket.

The temples were pretty amazing and still house monks. Some of the budda's statues are huge,. Went on a canal trip as well. the water here is very murky brown in colour and in some places it is black.

You definately get a real feel for the traditional bangkok as there are many houses that sit on the canal, and probably live off this canal.

Also, there are 1000's of catfish. one of them splashed us, which was really gross. Had to havce a shower as soon as I got back to the hotel.

In the evening, we had a nice meal at a local vegitarian resturant - may kaidee.Then went up to Khoa san road and hit some bars. Still cant spot these lady boys people keep going on about......or maybe I have seen them and just dont know it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home